Whole Group: Today, students got new groups for stations.
Small Group: Students viewed the Anchor Video for our first workshop (Survivors) and had a discussion about three readings based on the following questions related to the readings.
- Our first reading is about a singer who wants to spread a message of peace. How might a singer get a message out?
- Our second reading is about a surfer who survives a shark attack. When, if ever, is a sport too dangerous?
- Our third reading is about a group that helps young men in California safely leave the gang life. Why is it so easy to get in a gang, but so difficult to get out?
Computer Software: Today, students logged on the Read 180 software for the first time. Your username and password for the Read 180 system is inside your folder.
Independent Reading: Students continued their original book choices here and filled out reading logs.
Wrap-Up: Lastly, students filled out these sentence-starters on the back of their Independent Reading Logs.
- One quality that can help a person survive a difficult challenge is _____.
- Another quality that can help a person survive a difficult challenge is _____.
Tomorrow, remember to pick up your rBooks and folders on your way in the class before sitting at your assigned table. Have a great day!